The Registered Peer Support Specialist training scheduled for April 2022 has been canceled. Please check back for future 2022 training dates.
The Healing Place is approved by the Kentucky Alcohol and Drug Counselors Board to provide training for organizations and individuals seeking to be registered as an alcohol and drug peer support specialist.
Pursuant to KRS 309.080-309.089, applicants for registration as an alcohol and drug peer support specialist must complete:
- 10 hours of advocacy training
- 10 hours of mentoring and education training
- 10 hours of recovery support training
- 16 hours of ethics training
- 3 hours of domestic violence training
- 2 hours of HIV transmission, control, treatment, and prevention training